Saturday, October 25, 2008

823 12/19/1937 Louisa Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Louisa Erwin
St. Peter, Minnesota
Sunday, December 19, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert and Sadie and children,
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and I hope that all our wishes will come true. It is now a long time since I wrote to you. I always mean to write often but it don't go. I am keeping well all the time, but I might be getting slow.
Have you heard that J. L. Dahlberg left the 14th of November. He was up the same as always. He died sudden, not a word or a look, just a second and he was gone so he died with his shoes on. The girls all came home. Alice stayed 2 weeks so I went to Waseca for few days. I would have liked to see you all too.
Everything goes the same here as it did before. He was a few days over 85.
Aunt Emma's knees and feet bother her and ache most of the time so she cannot get along alone and so between us we get most of the work done.
We have had some very cold weather and some nice and a little snow. Have you had snow. I was going to write a long letter and I cannot think much. Fanchon went to Quincy, California to work in a hospital doing cooking. Another girl from Janesville was working there. And Dorothy got married and lives in Waseca. Mary's kids can all go to town to school now. Marion and Vinton to High. The baby is going too.
How are you getting along out there. Can you make a living there. I am getting my food here so I am alright.
Well here it is Tuesday so I better send this. We expect Hilfred and family home for Christmas. It was 6 below 0 this morning.
Love and Merry Christmas to you all.
From Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading