Tuesday, October 21, 2008

701 10/5/1928 Sadie Erwin to Helen Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Waseca, Minnesota
Friday, October 05, 1928
Helen Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Waseca, Minnesota
My Dear Girls,
We went to Ellsworth’s yesterday for lunch and had a lovely visit with them. Charity was there too and we were so glad to see them. Everyone asks about you girls and think you are wonderful to stay home the way you have – and we think so too.
I got your second letter yesterday. I always feel better after hearing from you. It makes me happy to know you are getting on with each other so harmoniously. Mrs. Truax told me about her letters. You need not send the letters.
We came down here last night. Carl and Mary met us. Then when we got out here to Carl’s we found all the folks here waiting. They had not told Grandma so it was a surprise to her. We all had to eat supper again. It was after midnight before all the kids had eaten. After they had gone home, Hilda, Carl, papa and I visited until 3 A.M. Hilda and I washed all those dishes this morning. Now we are going to Ruth’s today and to Mary’s tomorrow. Then back to Minneapolis Sunday. Hilda said she would take us to Garden City tomorrow morning if we wanted to go.
Jimmie likes his letters. Talks of home a great deal and sometimes says he wants to go right away. He is happy now. He and papa are going to town with Uncle Carl. Jimmie likes Grandma and all his cousins.
I hope you are getting all my letters. We leave Minneapolis Tuesday for Uncle Frank’s. Then Thursday for home. Will let you know in a few days when to meet us.
With lots of love from us all to all. Mamma.
Aunt Hilda says to say “Hello” to the girls.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading