Monday, October 27, 2008

338 9/11/1938 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sunday, September 11, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Today Peach and her brother and I went out to the lake to see their folks. They aren’t moving in until October but the kids are living in town now. I thought of Hazel Malinski when I was out there. It would have been nice if I happened to run into her.
Last night Kenny and Johnnie had a party over at their house. I went with Warnie and we had a lot of fun. Chuck just came over to get Peach. He has to go back to the show and work. I was going with them but decided to stay here and wash my hair and write to you. I want to go to bed early too.
Fred Hoover has been transferred from the Spokane airport to Chicago. He was here this weekend.
We didn’t go out to Gladys’ place Saturday after work because the weather was so awful last week. We are either going out this Saturday or have her stay in town and we’ll have lunch and go to a show.
Bill goes with Betty Martin all the time now and seems to like her a lot. It seems funny because he used to hate her so much. Warnie was telling me about Myrt last night. He said he just got over liking her. After he changed Catholic for her he doesn’t even go to church any more.
I’m glad Jimmie has been such a good boy. Tuesday I will send his money for the fair air-mail so he will be sure and have it. I still haven’t had more pictures developed but will be sure to do so. Mother, would you like to have the negatives too. I ask Gladys every time I see her about the Swickel pictures but I guess she can’t remember them. Morning – I was in bed by 8 o’clock last night. I’ll write again tonight.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading