Thursday, October 23, 2008

281 10/15/1936 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thursday, October 15, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I'm awfully sorry I haven't written before but I haven't done a thing yet. My trunk is still packed and I've been wearing the same dress all week.
My train was 50 minutes late in getting in but Elmer, Peaches, Eden, Selma, Wally and Marion, and Gladys and Cully were all there to meet me.
I didn't stay out very long Saturday night because I hadn't slept much on the train. Sunday I stayed in bed until 12:30. I hated to think of coming back to work but it isn't bad. Yesterday we worked until 6 o'clock so I am going to get to bed early tonight. Dorothy Pederson, a girl Glad and I know, is coming over tonight and take us around to look at apartments. She has a car and wants to go in with us and it would be a lot easier with three.
Elmer's sister had a baby girl Sunday morning. We went down to the hospital the other night to see her and she's getting along fine. The baby only weighs 5 pounds. Saturday night I saw Jean Warner and Florence Batt and talked to them a while.
I hope you are having a nice visit with Aunt Lily. I bet she enjoys being able to visit you.
Stella, I think you're crazy for stepping out on Harold. He's such a swell fellow. We will send those negatives soon.
Jim and I haven't priced football helmets yet but will do that right away too.
The weather has been cold here. Around 35.
I was glad I had the cards on the train because I played cards with three women all one afternoon. One lady lives in Minneapolis and has two sons and she wants to have me over to meet them.
I didn't see any snow on my way back. It was nice all the way across.
I ate all of my lunch and I certainly was glad to have it.
I am on my lunch hour and haven't much time left but I will write again tomorrow for sure.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading