Friday, November 28, 2008

791 10/24/1946 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Nashville, Tennessee
Thursday, October 24, 1946
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert & Jim,
Just leaving Columbus. Train more than an hour late. Unless they make up a lot of time I’ll not have long to wait in Cincinnati. Ruth brought me in. We met her husband after work at 5. Had dinner then went to the depot.
Ben is better, but the gain seems slow. I said goodbye, but do not think he knew it was me at all. Roma will keep on with C.S.
The conductor just took my ticket, said I would have only ten minutes to change trains, to get a red cap and hurry to gate 6. I’ll make it. I know the depot which will help.
This is an awfully bumpy train. Today was like summer. Did not need a coat even this evening.
Much love, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading