Monday, October 27, 2008

356 9/22/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Route 3, Wayzata, Minnesota
Thursday, September 22, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I am home alone tonight. Cully had to go to another dinner and stag for the Ball Team. He is through work tomorrow. He said he would come home early though so I am not afraid.
I did some ironing for a while and puttered around and then Ad and Clara drove out. We had a nice visit and they just left. It was the first time Clara has taken the car out alone at night.
I bought some gas and did some dry cleaning today. The things turned out good. Some of my old skirts are still pretty good and still I didn’t feel like spending a lot of money to get them clean.
The shower was last night and I’m so glad it’s over. All went fine. Vi was surprised and received many lovely things. We played cards for a while – had a mock wedding – she opened her gifts and then lunch. It was almost 1 o’clock before they left. We didn’t do the dishes so I had a mess to clean up today.
Tomorrow morning I’m going to play golf with Wally. I hope the weather is as nice as it was today. It surely is grand.
Cully goes to train October 14 at Champaign or something like that in Illinois. He heard today. I’m glad he will be here to see me walk down the aisle for Viola’s wedding. We will probably move in to town about the 10th and he will leave the 12th.
I was glad to get the papers today – thank you. I read them almost through this evening. There was quite a bit of real news to me – weddings, etc.
I know Mother is glad the lecture is over. How did everything go?
You surely were protected in not losing your wheel. Those things sort of wake us up. Was it a big expense to have the lug replaced?
Pop, I will send you the sports pages for Saturday and Sunday. They expect Washington to win. We are going to the game and I’m sure it will be a good one.
I’ll say goodnight and Love to all, Gladys.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading