Thursday, October 23, 2008

277 10/7/1936 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Wednesday, October 07, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
I was out to Jensen's last night and had a lovely steak dinner. I ate far too much as usual but I couldn't help it. She has made some nice pumpkin pie too. Later we played cards. We each put in a quarter. I didn't do so well - Ad won the 75¢ and Dr. the 25¢. It was fun, though, so I guess I shouldn't kick.
About Pop's birthday. You can count on $3.00 from me for the heater. I don't know what Helen can do but perhaps she can add a little too. I get paid the 14th and will send it Air Mail so you should get it by the 17th. I'm glad that he can get one, it will be plenty nice to have. Your country doesn't get as cold as ours but it is chilly just the same.
Is Harold working? It didn't sound like it when Helen said she and H were going into Seattle to get him an overcoat.
I was just thinking how nice it would be to get the job at Barns. $75.00 certainly isn't a bad start. When I do get out there I don't think I will have any trouble finding something to do. Do you?
The temperature was 34 above this morning. It went down pretty low last night. The sun is out now though and it will probably be pretty nice until night again.
Dr. and Ad brought me home last night at 10:30 so I got to bed at a fair hour. I feel fine this morning. I surely hate to go around so tired out.
Mother, did you and Helen get into Seattle again? Did she see the Prest family at all?
Later
Della went home this morning as she wasn't feeling so good so I was rushed all day trying to keep up with the work.
I am down to the Marselm [?] now under the dryer. By the time you get this Helen will be on her way home. I know you will miss her but I'm so glad she got to go. I bet those 2 weeks have done her a lot of good.
This isn't much of a letter again.
I plan to go out to Mrs. Sundby's tomorrow night with Mable if our plans are not changed again. I'll let you know what I find out about selling the furniture. I still hope you are not sorry I sent my bedroom set out to you. You couldn't have bought very much, though, for what the freight is costing. I know you will enjoy it too. (let me know where you put every piece.)
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading