Thursday, December 4, 2008

683 5/9/1951 Stella Benson to Sadie Erwin

Stella Benson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Wednesday, May 09, 1951
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Mother and Pop,
Last night Helen and I both felt that Davy received a wonderful demonstration. The hospital called about 8 o’clock and wanted to prepare them that he might not make the grade. They went down and about 10 came home again. Helen and I were sitting and talking and drinking coffee right after we called you and the phone rang and it was the hospital and they told us to get right over. Elmer stayed home and Helen and I went. They expected him to go any time and Helen and I sat there and told him he was God’s perfect child and no one’s thoughts could possibly hurt him and everything else that came to our minds. I kept thinking over and over that God is his life. About four o’clock they really worked over him so Helen and I left and went down in the lobby and really worked for him away from seeing all the things being done. We both dropped off to sleep and at five I went back up to see him. The nurses couldn’t get over it; his temperature had dropped way down and he was breathing normally and looked just perfect. I practically ran downstairs to tell Helen. She could see the good news the minute I walked in the room. We stayed with him until eight o’clock this morning so by the time we got home and cooked breakfast we were too tired to even call anyone then.
Helen and Elmer both went to see him today and he is really doing swell and looks good. He will be ok now.
I was suppose to go to a bridge luncheon at 12:30 today but of course called and said I couldn’t possibly make it.
I sure wish my family would write. I’m not going to write to them anymore. Also, wish I’d get a car. I’m sure lost with no means of transportation.
Davy is a darling baby and feel that he is going to be perfectly ok now.
It’s sure been nice talking to you but you will have a terrible phone bill.
Lots of Love,
Stella
Hope you had a nice trip. Will be fun to hear what you did.
All of the Carlson Family are acting just wonderful. Nellie brought over rolls and home-baked bread today and also said she would look after the children while we slept. Mr. Carlson went right to the hospital earlier last night to see Davy and also called again tonight. Florence also went to see him and sit with him today. Maybe all this is going to help for harmony in the family group here. I don’t know but I feel pretty sure Elmer read the Science and Health while we were gone last night. I left it sitting right out here and a slip of paper had fallen out of it so he must have opened it.
More later.
Stella

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading