Monday, October 27, 2008

327 6/13/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Route 3, Wayzata, Minnesota
Monday, June 13, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
Here we are at last in our cottage. It has been a lot of work but we really have accomplished a lot and it looks real nice.
Elmer, Helen and Peach came out Friday night with the furniture. We worked late. Saturday Cully fixed some screens and did a lot in the yard. At 6:30 we had dinner at Helen and Virg’s. I was glad I didn’t have to think about cooking.
Yesterday Edna and Oakie came out. We went for a nice boat ride. Edna brought a big bowl of potato salad and a meat loaf. She said they wanted to stay for supper. I made coffee and had sliced tomatoes. After we washed dishes we played bridge. About 9:30 Helen, Elmer, Bill and Betty Martin dropped in on us.
Earlier, before Edna and Oakie arrived, Vi and Johnny stopped by. They were on their way to ___.
Today has been nice. I walked to the store and bought some liver and bacon for tonight. Cully will be home before 5 and I’ll have to have everything ready because we are going to Minneapolis as fast as we can. I am going to have my hair set while he goes to the dentist. He has to have a tooth pulled. From the beauty shop I will go to Vi’s. I suppose I will take the car and pick up Cully at his house afterwards.
I wish you could see our place. It has a lovely big yard and is on a corner lot. We have a big bedroom, kitchen and a living room that is almost like a big porch. It has 6 big windows that fasten up so we get all the air there is.
We have our pictures that we took on our trip. They turned out swell and I’ll send you them soon. You can take out what you want and send the rest back. I’ll keep them a while to show to friends.
Helen gave me your last letter. I bet Jim is thrilled with his watch. I hope he appreciates all that is done for him.
Helen is sending our gift to Pop and your anniversary present. It isn’t much but perhaps will help out.
I wish Pop a Happy Father’s Day even though Jim is getting all the benefits.
Will close for now but will write again soon.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading