Friday, November 28, 2008

154 3/30/1947 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Route 3, Box 10, Shoreland Drive, Bellevue, Washington
Sunday, March 30, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Mother,
The Prests have gone, the dishes are done and the girls in bed. It was a big day but a very enjoyable one. They truly are wonderful people. Betty and her friend did not come and Ruthie was away to a birthday party so there were just 7 of us.
Tell Helen I found Jimmie's jacket and will bring it up Wednesday night.
I was wondering if you and Pop might bring Helen and the youngsters up to the cabin Thursday as long as it is Pop's day off?
You could come for lunch. She can go up with us Wednesday too but the cabin is cold and Cully will have to get up so terribly early the next morning in order to leave about 6 o'clock. The Carlsons would have to sleep on the couch so no doubt would wake up which would be mean. It would be better I think if they could come up Thursday. We will stop at the store Wednesday and see what is what. I will bring bedding for their bed. The rest of us have sleeping bags.
I washed all my windows on the inside Thursday. Friday I cleaned and then took the kids down town (Seattle) at 2:30 when school was out to buy new shoes for them and me too. Saturday I took them over here to have their pictures taken so you see I have been busy. Today they went to Sunday school for their 6th straight week. Tomorrow I wash and then after school we go to Kirkland to Diane Bruehn's birthday party.
Please save me a couple dozen white eggs if you can. I want them to color for Easter.
Cully has his yard looking pretty good now - has to put in some new grass seed, though, and then make a new cement walk down to the lake. He sure gets a kick out of working outdoors. He has been reading all your old Northwest Garden Magazines you gave me long ago.
Hope everything's fine in Enumclaw. Wish the darn toll wasn't so high so I could call you more often. We'll see you Wednesday evening and I hope you can come up Thursday and spend a while. We may not have the cabin much longer you know.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading