Saturday, October 25, 2008

801 10/13/1937 Louisa Erwin to Albert Erwin

Louisa Erwin
St. Peter, Minnesota
Wednesday, October 13, 1937
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert and all,
I have been thinking for a long time that I should write, but did not get it done and now I must hurry to get it done so you will get it for your birthday. I wish you health and happiness for many years and I hope that you are all well. I congratulate Stella and hope she will always be happy and glad that she got married and has a home of her own. Did Gladys and Helen find work there. I suppose you have nice weather there. We had a hard freeze last night. The leaves are falling and the flowers are all dead. We have had a nice fall.
We are about the same as usual. I am keeping well most of the time. I have a little cold now, it is getting better now.
Emma still has ache in her knees and feet. Mr. is worse some days and then he gets better again. He get around in the house.
We have done a lot of caring, but all done for the fall, and we have had so many things to keep us busy so we can't hardly keep up with our work. I suppose we are slow.
I had a letter from Mary yesterday. She said Dorothy is going to get married Saturday. I might try to go down there if they can get along here.
I will try to write again soon. Emma sends greeting to all. Love and best wishes to you all.
From Mother Erwin.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading