Thursday, December 4, 2008

689 5/24/1951 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Carl Dalhstrom Realty, Box 511, Bellevue, Washington
Thursday, May 24, 1951
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Mother,
It was good to get your letter. I’ve been wondering about everyone. I also received my first letter from Stella and will send it to you. Please save it for me. I’m also enclosing yours (from them) because I know you will want to keep them.
I feel so sorry for Elmer. I almost hate to have the girls and kids leave him there alone. It will all work out though. I told them to put the price plenty high on the house to allow for offers. They can always come down. It would be wonderful if they could sell before the girls start west.
I called Miss Auld and picked her up yesterday and drove her to the station. It seemed to please her. She will be in Minneapolis in the morning so will call the girls then plan to see them next week on her way back.
Your Tipso drive in the moonlight sounded wonderful.
Ruthie is in one play June 2nd at 2 P.M. That same day is Jeanie’s Piano Recital at 4. We plan to move that weekend so we sure will be busy. The house is coming along swell. Haven’t sold this place yet. One party was back tonight for the 4th time but I do not believe they will buy. They love the grounds but would need to make too many changes in the house.
Hope to see you soon. Come down when you can.
Love to all, Gladys.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading