Sunday, November 9, 2008

497 6/7/1943 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
401 Alexander, Monroe, Louisiana
Monday, June 07, 1943
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
This will just be a note but I’m anxious to get these sugar stamps mailed to you and I’m going downtown this morning so thought I would write a few lines. Jimmie’s swollen eye only lasted one day but it was a funny thing because after that one eye swelled up so I went into look at him a little later and the other eye was all swollen up too. I started reading the Science and Health then and decided in the morning I would call Mrs. Herring but by morning his eyes were much better and by night practically no swelling at all. He has had a cold so maybe that kind of settled in his eyes but they swelled up in such a hurry.
Yesterday afternoon Mrs. Wilson and her daughter came over to stay with Jimmie and Elmer and I went to the show. Mrs. Wilson’s daughter is about twelve years old so Jimmie had a lot of fun with her.
I’m mailing the linen skirt to Stella this morning. I had the sleeves cut short on the yellow jacket and they made it a little longer too the way they are being worn now. Would Stella like her white jacket fixed that way. I’m going to have mine fixed like the yellow one but thought maybe since it gets cool at night she would rather have the sleeves left long on hers but they look awfully nice short so tell me what she would like best.
Well Folks, this isn’t much of a letter but I will write more later. I want to get downtown early this morning so it won’t be so crowded.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading