Monday, October 27, 2008

324 6/1/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
907 29th Avenue South, Minneapolis 6, Minnesota
Wednesday, June 01, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
First I want to thank you for sending all my stuff and the papers. They arrived today. The postage amounted to a lot so I’m enclosing a dollar to help pay for it.
It seems perfectly natural to be back but I’m not as interested in settling down as I should be. I’d rather just visit for a while and then go back to Washington.
I helped Mrs. Dahlstrom wash yesterday. All together we had an awful lot. Later in the afternoon Cully and I drove out to the lake to see if we could find a cottage. We had no luck but will go again this afternoon. I ironed for 3 hours today and did quite a bit so feel it is okay to leave. They are all very nice but I’ll be happy to get in our own place.
Cully keeps giving me money and seems to want things as I’d like them. He says he doesn’t want me to have to ask for any money because he knows I’m used to having my own. I have $20.00 ahead now.
He goes to work tomorrow out to Hopkins. We stopped there yesterday on the way to the lake. I saw Danny Tetlof [?]. He looked fine and said his mother had snapped out of all her troubles and is fine. I haven’t called Ad or Clara yet but talked to Vi for a minute and we went over to see Mable and Charley last night. They are as swell as ever and asked all about you.
Has Jim found a job for the summer yet? I wish him luck.
How is Stella? Sounds like Helen will be back with you soon. I’m doing my best to encourage her to go. Maybe she can find work and will stay. I’m sure we will be back again in the spring.
The package from Rhodes was a glass relish dish on a big silver tray. It is a beautiful thing and from Roberta.
It rained a lot yesterday so brought out a million mosquitoes. They were awful. Today is real nice – warm but not hot.
Guess I told you that Helen looks real good – she has put on quite a little weight.
I’m still anxious to hear from you. Maybe I will get a letter this afternoon. I’ll write as often as I can. So far we have been kept pretty busy. Love to you all. When does Pop get his vacation? Are you getting rested mother?
Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading