Saturday, October 25, 2008

300 1/15/1937 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Friday, January 15, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
This is going to be only a short scribbled note. I have been too busy again to write. Our department is slack so I've been helping the Assistant Treasurer with the dividends to the stock holders. I noticed, by the way, James Stewart has a few shares too that he is collecting on. Of course, all of this is very confidential work, but I enjoy it a lot.
Helen stayed home today. She had a sore throat. We thought it best because it was 12° below and she has to wait so long for street cars at times. I am not worried, though, about her. We just want to be careful. She said she'd stay in bed all day and read. I've been trying to think rightly all along to protect us both so there is no reason why she should come down with anything. Anytime, though, that we feel as though we are not meeting our problems we will call Mrs. Hansen.
I wore her coat as long as she didn't need it. I can't get mine until next Friday.
I went to the game last night. It was almost 10° below but I had loads of clothes on and didn't get one bit cold.
We had our old toboggan that we sold to Wally's brother. They said we could use it any time we wanted to.
I am going out with Cully and a crowd tonight. There will be 12 of us in all. Some fellow and his wife are here from out of town - the fellow played on the St. Paul Hockey Club last year so the kids want to show them a good time. We will go someplace where we can dance.
We had a nice letter from you yesterday. I left it home so haven't it here to answer.
Della and I are going out to the Fashion after work to get our hair fixed. Wally said he'd pick us up and drive us over. That's pretty nice - especially when it is so cold out.
Wednesday night I went to club in St. Paul. We had a nice time. Helen and Elmer brought me home.
Dr. and Mrs. Jensen are planning very much on going west next summer. If so, you will probably see them. … going last summer has gotten them all excited about it. I hope they really can.
Must stop.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading