Monday, October 27, 2008

648 5/21/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Los Angeles, California
Saturday, May 21, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I haven’t had much of a chance to write. There are so many things to tell you too, but guess I’ll have to hit the high spots and write all about everything when we get home.
We are staying at the Kipling Hotel – it is about 3 blocks from Cully’s uncle’s. Cully is out now getting his suit pressed. We are going out with Carl Hovland and his girl friend tonight. This morning we drove down to Long Beach and Redondo. The weather is nice and warm but not at all hot, which is very unusual. I still can’t believe I’ve left Washington. Cully says he likes it best up there and wants to settle there someday. Of course that doesn’t make me mad.
The Ice Follies of 1938 is showing here. We went Friday night. It is a grand show. We saw many of the movie stars there – Joe E. Brown, Wm. Powell, Eddie Cantor, James Dunn and others. It sure was fun. Cully knows the whole troupe so introduced me and we had a long talk with most of them in the dressing rooms. Of course, we got in free too. The last time Cully saw them, they were in New York.
We still plan to see the Caves, Boulder Dam and the Grand Canyon. This is a grand trip.
Guess I’ll have to stop again. How are all of you? I’ll be glad when I can get another letter from you.
I lost the paper I had with our write-up. Can you get me another?
More soon.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading