Tuesday, October 21, 2008

702 10/7/1928 Sadie Erwin to Helen Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Waseca, Minnesota
Sunday, October 07, 1928
Helen Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

My Dear Girls,
We are still at Uncle Carl and Aunt Hilda’s. They took us to Garden City and Vernon Center yesterday. Was at my old home and also Verna’s.
Was at Aunt Mary’s for supper last night, then came back here about midnight. Have not been getting to bed until after midnight any night since we came.
Aunt Ruth and husband are going to take us to Fairbault today so we can get a bus back to Minneapolis.
Next Sunday, a week from today, we will be home. The time will go quickly for us all. Do hope you girls are managing with your clothes. Have been on the go so much that I have not sewed a thing.
While at Aunt Ruth’s we discovered that I knew her husband’s first wife when I went to the Normal 25 years ago. It pleased the children so much to know I had known their mother. She sat across from me and I had even stayed all night with her several times.
[Sadie’s mother died in 1904. Her obituary:
Mrs. Adelle Close of Garden City died in this city about 11 o’clock this morning of consumption at the age of 51 years. The deceased was a widow and leaves a daughter, Miss Sadie Close, who is attending the normal school in this city. The remains will be taken to Garden City for burial tomorrow noon.]
The weather is lovely here. Everyone tells us if we had come a little earlier we would have struck bad weather.
Papa will find out tomorrow about our train home so I can tell you when to meet us next Sunday.
We are leaving Minneapolis Tuesday for Uncle Frank’s (?). They will meet us in Little Falls.
Jimmie has been such a good boy. Everyone thinks he is a lovely boy. We will hope he keeps it up.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Jimmie’s kisses.
Our breakfast is nearly ready. Will write tomorrow.
With lots of love from all – Mamma.
P. S. Papa and I feel now that he likes Washington best. I know I shall be more contented with everything. Mamma.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading