Thursday, December 4, 2008

739 5/21/1951 Sadie Erwin to Helen Carlson

Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington
Monday, May 21, 1951
Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota

My Dear Helen,
Your letter written Thursday at the hospital and Stella’s written Friday, came this morning. I appreciated your call Friday night very, very much.
Stella’s wire hit me hard for I had had so much faith that we would win over the doctors material laws. Little Davy has served his mission here if he has helped us all to become better students of the truth, and we know he is with God and safe from all earthly woes.
Papa and I had to go into Tacoma Friday to the paper house to get supplies. Of course my thoughts were with you all most of the day.
Gladys and the girls came up Saturday afternoon. I worked at the store until 3 P. M. then came home. Went over to Ruth’s where Gladys and the girls were. Jim got off at 7:30 that night. Went down to Bellevue. Ruth had gone home with Gladys earlier.
Our weather is beautiful. We were very busy at the store yesterday. Last night after work (10 P. M.) Papa and I drove to Greenwater. Had a lunch there, then drove on up to Tipso. The mountains were beautiful in the full of the moon. They had just opened the pass to thru traffic Saturday. There were just a steady stream of cars going both ways all day. After reaching the second Y there was lots of snow all around. By the time we reached the top there were just two narrow lanes to travel in with banks of snow twice, and some places three times, as high as the car on both sides.
Jim, Ruth and Gary will leave tomorrow night to go over to Oregon to see Jack Thim and Gertie for a few days. Will be back to work Saturday. Gladys Haff will help out some while he is gone.
I’ll write as often as I can and you girls keep me informed of your plans. I trust you can come west real soon. You will be more anxious to leave that neighborhood than ever now that you know there has been a lot of gossip, but suppose it is no worse than some others. I am glad the Carlsons have been so willing to help in every way they could.
Cully says there is no doubt but Elmer could land a good position out here and thinks he should just come on out. However, let divine Love lead the way, then it will unfold as it should, for you can not be out of your right place, and there is a place for us all.
More later.
Love to all, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading