Saturday, November 1, 2008

405 5/27/1940 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
509 N. Broad St., Guthrie, Oklahoma
Monday, May 27, 1940
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I started my packing this morning and I wish you were here to help me. I don’t know where to start and as usual I find we have a lot more stuff to move than I thought we did. I’ll find out that address for sure tonight but we would get the letters if you sent it to the Terrill Apt. – N.W. apt.
Saturday afternoon Elmer went to watch the CCC boys play ball so I went over to Bernice’s. Saturday night we went over to Oringdorff’s and played bridge. Martins had us over for dinner Sunday and then we went to the ball game and Elmer refereed again. This afternoon we are playing bridge at Bernice’s and then I’m going to spend the rest of the week getting ready to move.
The people across the hall are moving out today because they are mad at Kittlingers. I have to wash out some underwear too this morning and it seems like I have so much to do I don’t know where to begin.
I’m glad it’s cooler out today because I feel more like working. I haven’t gotten the blouse mailed to Stella yet but will today. First I didn’t have any wrapping paper and then I didn’t have enough string.
Well folks, this isn’t much of a letter but I have to stop but will write more tomorrow.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading