Sunday, November 30, 2008

129 11/7/1947 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota
Friday, November 07, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Just a hurried note to tell you winter started today. A regular blizzard outside so I am wondering how we will get home tonight from work. Everything is tied up and it has been snowing real hard since this morning. Many places are sending their employees home so we are hoping we will get to go early. All the schools are closed. I just called the house to see if Grandma kept Jimmy home from school and she did so I don't have to worry about him now. Florence quit, without giving me any notice. She left me a note a couple of nights ago telling me she wanted to quit December 2nd so I gave my notice here, but she hasn't come back since. She called last night and said she wouldn't be back at all. Mrs. C. said she would take care of the kids until I quit. She is feeling all right now and I hope I can stay on for the rest of the month. When I quit I am going to take work home to do and will come down to the office on Saturdays. That way I will still be making a little extra money for myself and will probably make more than I do now, because whatever I make will be all clear. Miss Lindeberg felt just terrible about my leaving. She said I was one of her best ones down here and so she wants me to keep on working, even though I have to take the work home. Elmer will then bring my finished letters up to the office every morning. Then I can come down here as often as necessary and bring the kids to pick up more work to do. Must get back to work but was anxious to tell you about the storm. It is pretty and even exciting to see it this way, just so we get home tonight.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading