Monday, October 27, 2008

352 11/22/1938 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tuesday, November 22, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I went to school tonight and when I got home I took a bath and washed out a pair of stockings and now I’ll write to you. I had a nice long letter from you today. You do fine, Pop, adding on to mother’s letters. I know you don’t have very much time. Do you folks know where Mabel and Charlie used to live. We live a little way from there. This is the way the street car goes when it is coming up from town. It goes down to 4th Ave to Franklin, turns there and goes down Franklin to Cedar Ave. Goes down Cedar to 42nd St., turns on 42nd and goes straight out to 28th Ave. That is about 10 blocks from Cedar Ave. Then it goes down 28th Ave. Lake Nokomis is about three blocks west of here. That is toward Nicollet. The Minnehaha Parkway is on 48th street so we aren’t far from the parkway. You’ll have to come out here this winter. I wish you could. This morning it was 5 above zero. Now it is 13 above but I suppose it will be down again by morning. I’m glad Jimmie gets to go skiing.
I got your letter today which was the day you said I should get it. Thanksgiving I am going over to Elmer’s for dinner. Tomorrow after work I am going to meet Selma again and then Elmer will come down and pick me up. I forgot to bring paper home from work so guess I’ll have to stop. Will write on my lunch hour tomorrow.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading