Thursday, November 27, 2008

84 9/1/1946 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
Box 281, Sparta Pike, Lebanon, Tennessee
Sunday, September 01, 1946
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Sunday Night
Dear Folks,
Here it is the beginning of another week and I didn't get that letter mailed I started but will send it along anyway. I've had an awful cold but feel about back to normal tonight except one ear is plugged up which is annoying. Mary's cuts and bruises from her fall healed so quickly and there isn't much sign of the accident left.
We had a letter from Bob Carlson yesterday saying he could be here this Thursday or Friday with his boyfriend. Bob bought an old car and they are driving. Bob started the University last Fall and had to go through summer school to make up some credits but is through now for a few weeks before the next fall term begins. They will only be with us a couple of days and then are going to Washington D.C. and on up to New York where Bob wants to look up some girls he knows. I'm so glad they are coming to see us but I sure have a lot of work to catch up on since I let everything go this week.
Mom you will have a birthday Friday won't you? I believe it will be your sixtieth won't it? If you still look like you did when I saw you last you could pass for forty.
Since Elmer hasn't heard from that Mr. Heath in Seattle he wonders if he should stay here long enough to get his bonus or what. We talk about it all the time and wonder if he should just quit and we don't know what to do. We need the bonus money but Elmer is sure Mr. Sulley won't give it to him if he has any idea Elmer plans to quit after he gets it. Of course Elmer hasn't said a thing about quitting and we'll just wait and hope for the opportune time to come to get out of here which will be soon I hope.
Mom, I'm mailing you a birthday present tomorrow and I surely hope you have a happy birthday and I will be thinking about you.
Goodnight for now Folks.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading