Wednesday, December 3, 2008

252 6/17/1950 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Saturday, June 17, 1950
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
I just sent a wire to you, Pop, and am mailing a little present today but am late as usual.
It is quite chilly out today and the Cub Scouts are supposed to have their picnic. I don't know yet if I will go or not, but Elmer is going with the kids.
Last night Eden and Wally and their girls were over for dinner. We turned our house insurance over to Wally.
Sunday night
I will add on to this now so Elmer can mail it in the morning. It rained all day and was pretty chilly so Elmer had to turn the heat back on. We stayed home all day and this evening we went to a show. I wore the suit Gladys sent me and felt very dressed up. I have been feeling just fine.
Yesterday afternoon was the Cub Scout picnic so we went. The kids had lots of fun because there were races and lots of entertainment. We had brought our picnic supper but it wasn't a bit warm out so we came home and ate it.
I have gotten the mandolin fixed up and it is a lot of fun playing it. We bought a new Magic Chef gas stove for 130 dollars. The payments will go right on the gas bill. I am so anxious to get it but it might be one or two months before I do depending on when the gas line is put in. After I get the stove a demonstrator from the gas company will come out and show me all about it and she will bake a cake for me.
We got a lovely frying pan from Jim and Ruth last week. I'm just crazy about it and believe I have used it every day since getting it. It certainly is a wonderful one to have.
Is the shingling job done on your roof now? I know you will be glad to have that fixed up and over with.
I had better stop for now. I have to get letters written to the girls right away too. I hope you have a nice Father's Day, Pop. Keeping the store open until ten o'clock is really a long day.
Love, Helen
These are good pictures of you folks. Wish I had gotten more. Tell Ruth I have some to send her too.
Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading