Wednesday, December 3, 2008

255 7/10/1950 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Monday, July 10, 1950
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
The kids are getting ready for bed so I will start a letter to you. It is a warm night but still not bad however the mosquitoes are thick outside and they really eat Mary up.
There are four of us women on Randall Avenue who are pregnant. Three of us are due practically the same day. The fourth one is a little behind us. She was three months and lost hers today. The same thing happened to her that did to me, only she got terrible pains and went to the hospital in an ambulance and lost the baby the next day.
Elmer's mother is feeling good once again. She certainly had a long siege of it this time.
Frances Woodfill called today and said she thought her baby was just getting over whooping cough. She is having Christian Science help. She said Hazel and her husband are planning to drive here in August. Hazel is feeling much better.
Elmer's office is having their annual office party this coming Friday night but I don't think we'll go. The last two years it has been a picnic affair out at some lake but this year it is a dinner and dance at the Reserve Officer's Club out at the fort so I suppose that means dressing up.
I had a letter from Gladys written on their trip with the Bensons. It sounded as though they were having a wonderful time.
The bed Ruth slept on upstairs when she was here was Nellie's and we just took it back the other day and I found this pair of little red sox of Gary's. I'll send them along with this letter. I'm feeling fine and am over five months along now. The time really goes fast.
Jimmy's nice bicycle is still just standing in the basement. He doesn't even want to learn to ride it and Elmer has been so busy working in the yard that we haven't even encouraged him very much to learn.
Well Folks I will stop for now but I hope you are fine and I can imagine how busy you are at the store. I wonder if Doris and George saw you over the weekend. More later.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading