Friday, November 28, 2008

102 6/10/1947 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota
Tuesday, June 10, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
A letter came from you Monday. I am glad you had a nice trip back, Mother and I hope you got rested up a little on the train. It was strange meeting someone who knew you when you went through Fargo. I'm glad you managed all right without your comb. I am so slow in getting my package mailed to you so will just send the comb in this envelope. I have your watch back and it keeps good time now. Al said it just had too much oil in it. I will get it sent right away. Pop, Sunday is Father's Day and I just today realized it but will get a present sent right away and am sorry it will be a little late.
Saturday night I got Bob a date so we went out to a night club. Don and Addie went with us and we had a good time. Bob liked his girl, although she was a little taller than he was. Tonight he wanted to see a show up on Hennepin and Lake which Elmer and I saw Sunday night and is very good. He wished he knew a girl who lived near by to go with him so I called a girl I know who lives in an apartment just a block from here and she went with him. I'm anxious to hear how they got along. He plans to go on to school and he told Dolores he wasn't going to get married this summer. He liked you very much.
I'm glad the ham was good. I told you someone called you, Mother, right after we left for the depot. Well it was Addie. She was awfully sorry she didn't get to see you.
It turned cold this afternoon and is only 40 out tonight. We won't have much of a summer at this rate. Friday night I am having Eden and Wally and Selma and another couple over. Last Friday night we played bridge with Warnie and his wife and had a good time.
We have the puppy now and he is awfully cute and the kids and grandma are crazy about him. Grandma is already worrying about our taking him when we leave here. She is pretty upset tonight because she washed clothes today and got pretty tired. I decided to take her to a show so went downstairs to ask her but wasn't around. She came back later and had been over to a neighbor's. It was too late to go to the show but she seemed happy that I had asked her, or intended to.
Tomorrow is Florence's little girl's fourth birthday so the children are going to her party. Mary will have to wear overalls if the weather doesn't warm up.
Wed. Night
I didn't get this finished last night so will now. The kids are in bed and Elmer is working and the others are out so it seems nice to have the house to myself. I'm going to iron pretty soon. I had a nice letter from Ruth today and was glad to hear from her.
After all this time that letter I wrote to Roma came back today as I had addressed it to Minnesota instead of Ohio. I'll add more to it and mail it in the morning.
Well Folks I will stop for now but hope you are all fine and I'll get your things sent right away and I'll be thinking of you Pop on Father's Day.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading