Wednesday, December 3, 2008

218 7/31/1950 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Monday, July 31, 1950
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:

The nice letter from both of you just came. It was swell hearing from you too, Pop. I bet you will really enjoy your power mower. That will make your grass cutting much easier.

Warnie was out in Seattle for a couple of days this past week and he brought me back a Seattle P.I. It was fun reading it.

Mother, if you do come in November it will be wonderful. If you don't come Elmer will stay home then as he has some vacation time coming. If I could send you your fare I would surely talk that up but as it is you just see how things go with you. If you do come it would be much easier on you than when you came to Louisiana because now Mary and Jimmy will both be in school all day not even home for lunch. We'll get the brakes on the car fixed so you can drive the car where ever you want to go and I'll be in the hospital five days and won't be staying in bed when I get home. We also plan to have that diaper service for the winter months.

Tuesday - It is actually cold out today. My bridge club meets tonight and I'm going to wear the suit of Gladys's. You were right, Mother, when you said I would be able to wear it off and on during the summer.

Muriel Corl's little two year old girl stuck her finger in Muriel's eye and hurt the eyeball so badly that Muriel has been in the hospital for two weeks and they think her sight from that eye may be gone. I'm having Bill over for dinner tonight before he goes to the hospital to see her.

Tomorrow I'm going to get a permanent. Nellie gets them for 4 dollars at a place on Lake and Nicollet and they always turn out so good so that is where I'm going. I hope mine turns out good.

Later - I cancelled my appointment at the beauty shop and gave myself a Toni. It turned out good. More later.

Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading