Monday, October 27, 2008

333 7/18/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Route 3, Wayzata, Minnesota
Monday, July 18, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
Friday your letter came with the one you had returned to you. I guess I have all you sent now.
Today is quite hot. We have to expect some of that for a while. It really has been lovely out to the lakes.
This weekend we had Cully’s friend Jimmy and Eddie and Oakie with us. We went to the party Saturday night and had a real nice time. We left about 2 A.M.
Yesterday Jimmie went into town after his girl friend Margaret, so we had 6 for dinner. Edna never comes empty-handed. She brought a nice big pork roast, a batch of cookies and some canned goods – and when she comes to stay over night she brings her own sheets, pillow slips and towels.
Yesterday we took the cars down to the lake and washed them. Then went for a swim. The kids left early – about 9 o’clock.
The shower on Frances was nice Friday. They tied a quilt for her for entertainment and the lunch was delicious. I had to leave to pick up Cully before they opened the gifts but I’m to go over to the house to see them some day this week.
I’m sure glad they have solved the Mattson kidnapping case. It all helps to scare some of those fellows out in the future.
Cully let me buy a new dress. Helen and I picked it out Thursday night so Saturday afternoon we went in and got it. He says next Saturday we will go downtown and each will get new shoes and I can get a new hat. My dress is a soft some kind of linen – cream color trimmed in brown, it is real cute.
Helen hasn’t said one word to me about getting married. As long as Elmer is back in school until next June I guess it won’t be for a while yet. I hope he can land a real good job. I’m getting stuff together to send out with her next month.
Cully is so sensible and a worker. He is forever working around here and fixing things. He is always willing to scrub floors, etc. for me. He is so good in every way. When he goes fishing or anything he always wants me along. So many of the boys think when it comes to those things that just the fellows should go and the girls stay home.
I am enclosing a few more pictures. Please send them back unless you really want some particular ones – in that case let me know which ones so I cam have some more printed for myself.
There is much excitement here with the Swedish Royal party. There have been big parades and other special events. We haven’t bothered with any of it. Friday night we went to an ice cream social here in Deephaven given by the boy scouts.
How is Stella – and the baby? Does it keep her pretty busy?
Jim is getting good – to go blackberrying and everything. How’s Pop? Suppose he still works hard at the store. I’m glad you have the cabin to go to to relax.
More later. We are going into Minneapolis tonight. Cully has to play ball.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading