Friday, November 28, 2008

89 10/25/1946 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Route 3, Box 10, Shoreland Drive, Bellevue, Washington
Friday, October 25, 1946
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Mother:
It was nice to hear from you. Stella was here last Tuesday so brought the letters you sent Pop. We went to Seattle to get Sandra a winter outfit. Managed to get some other things too. They came for Sandra on Sunday night. Yes, Jeanie especially misses her a lot.
You should be with Helen now. I bet you were tired out after that scene with Uncle Ben over the weekend? I'm sure he is better now. Did he talk to you at all? We can hear all about everything when you get back.
I hope you enjoy a nice visit with Helen and do not rush away to go to Swanville. She will like having you more than those folks and I can't see how seeing them could be good for anyone. Maybe someday they will get wise to themselves. It would be nice though to see Mrs. Ellsworth - hope you do not miss her.
We have been on the go. The dinner party at Johanson's a week ago was lovely. Bernice and Verna had Turkey with all the trimmings. Didn't get home until late so paid the girl $3.00. Sunday we went to Cathleen Hewitt's birthday party in the afternoon. Took Sandy too. There were about 75 people there - what a party.
Wednesday night we went to the hockey game in Seattle. Bob Gracie, the manager of the Hollywood Club, had two passes at the box office for us. I invited him and another fellow that used to play for the N. Y. Americans over for dinner tonight. They seemed pleased to come. Bob called a few minutes ago to say Los Angeles just called and gave him orders to take the team out for a big special dinner tonight so they can't come. He wanted Cully and me to go out with them instead. I would be the only girl so decided to stay home and let Cully go alone. He will enjoy being with the fellows a lot. The Tacoma team isn't doing very well. Cully is so glad he isn't playing.
Tomorrow night is the big wedding at the University Lutheran Church. Stella brought me a formal of hers to wear to the reception but it is a little short for me. I will try to buy one tomorrow in Bellevue. If I can't get one I guess we will have to stay home. Chuck is the fellow who will be working with Cully on the Island. Cully was invited to a stag on him last week but didn't go. He said it would be a pretty good drinking party and it was.
Will send this along with Helen's letter. I know Helen, Mary, Jimmie, and Elmer are all glad to see you.
Love, Gladys.
I will see Pop and Jim again Wednesday.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading