Thursday, October 23, 2008

288 12/15/1936 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tuesday, December 15, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Tuesday night again. The time goes so fast I can hardly keep track of the days. We are still working late hours [at General Mills] but after this week the rush will be over.
Gladys is getting a permanent tonight at the Fashion. I just called her and she is just about through.
Elmer and Peaches and I looked for apartments the other night but the only one I saw that I would like to live in is 55 a month so unless we find something cheaper we probably will be staying here.
Gladys is worried about who she should go out with New Year's Eve. Bill or Cully. She certainly has got it bad for Cully so I'm wondering how things will turn out. Glad seems like a young school girl with her first boy friend and Cully likes her just as well. He is awfully good to her and everyone likes him.
We have your Christmas package ready to send, but besides that I haven't done any shopping. But the things I have left to buy I can get next week because I'll have more time.
I saw Bob Bourgerie Sunday and he has a baby boy. Robert Harvey is married now but I don't know who he married.
I'm not going to see Elmer tonight because he just called and said he was so tired he could hardly move. He does have to work awfully hard but I'm glad to stay home tonight too.
I was going to wait up for Glad but I guess I'll go to bed.
The kids can't get over how Glad and I act. When we are out together we have so much to talk about. Everyone says it seems as though we very seldom see each other instead of living together because I always have so much to tell Glad and she to talk to me about. I certainly would miss her if she went away too.
Well, I will close now.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading