Wednesday, November 26, 2008

56 4/24/1945 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
9007 South Elizabeth, Chicago, Illinois
Tuesday, April 24, 1945
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
It is a rainy, nasty day so I am glad I washed yesterday.
Just as I sat down to write to you last night Fido Purpur arrived from Detroit. They lost the Stanley Cup to Toronto the night before. The final series went 7 games. He is plenty tired out and was so glad to get here and relax. I have a million things to do today as some of ours and his friends are coming over tonight to see him. Tomorrow night a bunch of the boys are going up to Kenosha, Wisconsin to some men's club. Cully will give a talk in the afternoon to some high school athletes. I'm glad we girls are not invited.
Guess I told you that Virg was here from Wednesday to Saturday. At least we had two good night's rest before Fido got here.
I finally wrapped some of the pictures so will take them to the P.O. today. In your box I sent Stella's and one for Bernice Allen. I thought perhaps you could decide whether to give Stella one of each of all of them or if you had someone else to give one. I am sending Helen the 3 of us and the small one of the girls. They are all so much alike. Suit yourself.
Had you heard about Will Bush? I imagine her carrying on like she did is what made him ill. Anyway how is she and where is she? Louise sent the clipping to me - it came this morning.
Yesterday my alligator purse came from Panama. Did I tell you Ralph bought it for me. I will pay for it but he gets them so much cheaper. It is beautiful. I think I will wait until fall then try to get slippers to match.
In your box I also enclosed some toilet paper - two #10 crochet thread. I will get more if and when I can. The yellow dress should fit Stella. If she doesn't want it give it to someone else. The hem can be let down. The red stockings are awful but I thought maybe you could wear them around the house. The good ones are like two pair I have so when you get down to only 1 good stocking either give it to me or I will give you my last one for an extra pair. They really are nice stockings and certainly are hard to get these days.
I just must stop. I have to go to the store now. More soon.
Love, Gladys
P.S.
I've had the newspaper article about Will Bush right here and now it is gone. Jeannie probably ran off with it. I will send it later. Anyway he died Wed. April 18 in the N.P. hospital after a short illness. It told who survived - where he was from and what he did - taught 23 years etc. It also had a nice picture of him. He was 67 years old. I'm sure sorry it disappeared. I imagine Mabel has told you anyway.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading