Friday, November 28, 2008

789 10/23/1946 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Alexandria, Ohio
Wednesday, October 23, 1946
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert & Jimmie,
I had to cut my letter short yesterday when Dorothea came from school. Roma was sending her to town after meat. She could not get any. I walked up this morning and got 4 pork chops, 0.93, and one pound of liver, 0.50.
I am not leaving until tomorrow. Ruth could not have the car today and I think it is best I stay over anyway. Roma feels much better today and I do not like to leave her in a discouraged condition. Ben seems better today too.
Charlie Branch’s old dog will miss him. Sorry to hear the old gentleman has gone.
Gladys shouldn’t try to iron all those clothes. Glad she thinks about you though and brings you cooked food. Stella should be back now and will think about you too.
It is another beautiful day. I wore my coat up town, but it was too warm.
I hope your leg feels fine now. I always have time to help you. You do not live in matter, “A spiritual idea has not a single element of error and this truth remakes properly what ever is offensive.” I’ll keep on each day seeing things right for you both.
Glad Jim got the raisins and rice bagged. That sack of rice went down in a hurry.
Have you gotten that money Jim over-paid the meat man? Do not let it go too long without trying to get it.
Hope Carl has paid something on his bill too.
I’ll write tomorrow night and mail it on my way so you will know I have left here.
Much love, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading