Thursday, October 23, 2008

262 10/3/1936 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Saturday, October 03, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
This isn't going to be much of a letter. I'm waiting for Cully so will scribble a note and mail it on Lake St. We are going downtown to a show and will get home early. I am going to church tomorrow and will eat at our tea room, Helen's, on Nicollet and 25th.
The weather has been cold at night but nice during the day. It has gotten cloudy now so I don't know what kind of a day it will be tomorrow. I hope it doesn't rain.
We were swamped at the office this morning. We started working until 1 on Saturday's too.
I saw Dorothy and Cliff at the church dinner last night. I'm going over to see them some night next week.
Adelyn went to the doctor today and he said she was going to have a boy. Now they will have to name it Eric instead of Marlene.
Got your letter, Helen, and was glad to hear from you. Do you plan to bring your fur coat back? I think you should, my trunk too.
I didn't get a hold of Knutson's so I can't tell you yet what the cost will be. Will let you know in the next letter.
I came home and slept all afternoon. Maybe it was a waste of time but I sure do feel good now.
I bet Helen will hate to leave home now and if she does come back here she'd be more lonesome than ever. Maybe I'll take my vacation early, in April, so I can get 3 weeks again.
How's the new job Stella? I'll try to remember to send Pop the sports page again this week.
Well I'll close for now and will write more tomorrow.
Love, Gladys
Elmer called today while I was sleeping. Adelyn didn't call me so I don't know what he wanted. I'll call him tomorrow and find out.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading